We all know how things are at present here in Australia, with the stresses and strains of working life, our personal space takes on a special importance. We can unwind and relax when we get home after a long day and if you would like to make your interior a harmonious space, here are a few ways to bring harmony into the mix.
- Background music – Set up a couple of portable speakers and create a playlist of Tibetan chants and soft instrumentals that you can play when you arrive home. This has a calming effect and you can chill out for a while before thinking about food. Digital tech has empowered us regarding audio and video; wireless solutions bring us music to any location in the house and garden.
- Tibetan singing bowls – Check out these authentic Tibetan singing bowls that you can order from Australia’s leading meditation supplies provider. Sound plays an important role in our well-being and a singing bowl produces the perfect note for tranquillity and serenity; pure copper bowls handcrafted in Tibet are available at affordable prices. If you are into meditation, a Tibetan singing bowl is an essential accessory to put your mind in a reflective and receptive state; perfect for preparing to meditate.
- Scented candles – Scented candles can be infused with essential oils, creating a special aroma that permeates your home. Incense sticks or cones are also good for this; search online for an Australian supplier and place an order for a mixed selection.
- Indoor plants – Next time you have a free morning, drive to your local nursery and check out their indoor plants; exotic flora and fauna that brings nature into your living space. There’s something soothing about caring for plants; it brings a connection to Mother Nature that we all need in our lives. A few in the kitchen, a couple in the bathroom and if you have a free corner in the lounge, a small tree would be ideal.
- Floor-level lighting – Nothing calms you like dim floor-level lighting; search online for LED light fittings and choose a couple of units for the living room. This will also save energy, which is never a bad thing. Click here for ways to boost your libido.
- Natural materials – Bamboo is a wonderful species that makes for excellent furniture; you can even buy bamboo bedsheets and towels, while many kitchen implements are crafted from bamboo. Timber flooring is perfect for a natural ambience, while cotton fabric is perfect for curtains.
- Create a meditation space – It could be the spare room or even a corner of your bedroom; order a meditation mat and cushion from a leading Australian supplier and decorate the walls with some abstract art or a few Buddhist images.
We all need to pay attention to our mental health & well-being, especially during these times and we hope the above suggestions work for you in helping to give your home a more harmonious ambience.