Coffee is the most consumed beverage in the world, surpassing bottled water and soft drinks. Shockingly, this coincides with the increasing popularity of kratom. Known scientifically as Mitragyna speciosa, this herb is native to Southeast Asia where the natives use it for its pain-relieving properties.
These two plants have many similarities and belong to the same species. And these similarities cause so many kratom and coffee fanatics to wonder if they can mix them. True plantation maeng da kratom is the best strain to mix coffee and kratom. Read this article to see how you can mix coffee and kratom.
Similarities Between Kratom and Coffee
There are a few similarities between coffee and kratom:
- Origin: Kratom and coffee belong to the Rubiaceae (coffee) family. For this reason, they both cause energizing effects to the body when consumed.
- Taste: both have a sweet aroma but a bitter taste. People who cannot stand the bitterness mix them with other things. For example, they add sugar to coffee and mix kratom powder with food.
- Effects: They both achieve the same outcomes but in different ways. Coffee has alkaloid caffeine through which it delivers its effects. kratom has mitragynine and 7-OH mitragynine.
When you consume coffee in moderate amounts daily, it positively affects the body, like helping prevent Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, liver cirrhosis, and heart disease. Kratom also gives benefits like pain-relieving and aiding in managing opioid withdrawal symptoms.
Effects of mixing kratom with coffee
A mixture of coffee and kratom will have synergistic effects on the body—both act as psychomotor stimulants, aiding in the stimulation of the nervous system.
Thus, a concoction of kratom and coffee can cause heightened effects of both drugs. They make a perfect combination and significantly increase alertness. It also activates one’s well-being, both mentally and physically.
How to mix kratom with coffee
When mixing the coffee and kratom, there are a couple of things you should note:
- Ensure that both the kratom and coffee are of high quality and fresh.
- Brew the water between 195 to 295 degrees Fahrenheit to get the most out of kratom alkaloids. Extreme temperatures will scald the coffee and may weaken the alkaloids in both.
There are a few ways to mix your kratom and coffee:
- You can combine coffee grounds and kratom powder and then brew your coffee regularly.
- Mix kratom powder directly into a cup of brewed coffee.
- Drink kratom tea right after drinking coffee.
- Mix kratom tea and coffee.
Kratom strains that are most effective with coffee
To uncover the best kratom strain to mix with your coffee, you will have trial and error. Use the ‘fast’ and ‘moderate’ strains for the best blend of caffeine and kratom. These are the white and green-veined kratom strains.
Users compare white-veined kratom strains to coffee because of their energizing properties. These are some of the white vein kratom strains to use with your coffee:
White Vein Borneo: this strain is best used during the day as it helps in increasing alertness and improving focus. Consumers often compare it to coffee, and it can also enhance caffeine.
White Vein Kali is one of the most energizing white vein kratom strains. It forms the best combination with caffeine for increasing energy levels.
White Vein Thai: this strain has minor pain-relieving properties compared to the others. But it is the most stimulating strain.
White Indo Kratom is the best strain in relieving discomfort and providing mild stimulation.
Green vein kratom is well known for its pain-relieving and energy-boosting properties. There are three different strains you can mix with coffee:
- Green Vein Indo is a well-balanced strain in its pain-relieving and energy-boosting properties. Its effects last longest even though it has a low concentration of alkaloids.
- Green Vein Kali is more potent than green indo. This strain is also highly stimulating.
- Green Vein Malay is mainly known for its uplifting and energizing effects.
You can also use red vein kratom, but note that red kratom is best for causing relaxing effects. These effects may counteract the stimulating effects of coffee. To minimize the soothing effects of red kratom, use half of the standard dose. Be careful where you buy your kratom. Only purchase from trusted vendors.
Mixing kratom with coffee increases your energy levels for long-lasting periods than when you use each individually. The best thing is that besides a boost of energy, you get to enjoy other benefits like stress relief, pain relief, and soothing effects. Start with smaller quantities and escalate your dose as you monitor your body’s reaction and response to the concoction. Consume responsibly and make your experience wholesome.