Health Systems Strengthening
The Leadership, Management, and Governance (LMG) Project helps health systems bridge the gap between knowledge and action in countries and contexts around the world. We contribute to the World Health Organization’s six health system building blocks:
- Health Workforce
- Leadership & Governance
- Information Systems
- Service Delivery
- Medical Products & Technologies
The LMG Project recognizes global shifts in public health as the world enters the sustainable development era, and supports responsive health systems by:
- identifying what works best for leaders in the family planning workforce through a formative study on the influence of gender on supportive supervision.
- facilitating governance academies in Burkina Faso, Mali, Nigeria, and Togo for senior staff from the West African Health Organization and ministries of health.
- strengthening service delivery and the enabling environment for physical rehabilitation by conducting a training of trainers on the Essential Management Package for teams from the International Committee of the Red Cross.
- providing organizational development support to public health institutions like the Ukrainian Center for Socially Dangerous Disease Control.
- working closely with the Health Information Systems General Directorate of Afghanistan’s Ministry of Public Health to ensure effective oversight mechanisms for health research, and informed resource allocation decisions.
- promoting multi-sectoral responses to HIV/AIDS through management and governance capacity-building for Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Country Coordinating Mechanisms at the national level in Haiti, and regionally in Africa and Central America.
- targeted technical and organizational support by Senior Technical Advisors within National Malaria Control Programs in seven target countries.