Skip to content
1. Lift properly, the Arnould Way
- Never Lift while bending and twisting at the waist.
- Use the power of your legs to lift, not your back.
- Make sure that your feet point in the same direction that you’re lifting.
- Take breaks from prolonged sitting.
- Move around, do some stretches every 30 minutes.
3. Don’t be a zombie
- Do not read or watch TV in bed or sit on furniture that does not provide you with proper support.
4. Sleep like a baby
- Sleep on your side or back with your knees bent.
- Do not sleep on your stomach.
- Use a supportive pillow and mattress.
5. Don’t be a chimney!!
- Stop smoking.
- It is bad for your back because it reduces much needed oxygen-rich blood to your organs, tissues, muscles and even bones (like the spine).
6. Don’t be an Ally McBeal Wannabe
- Maintain an ideal body weight.
- Being over-weight or underweight puts a very unhealthy stress on the body. So love your body and the rest will come.
7. Fred Flintstone says, “Be Kind to Your Feet!”
- Always wear supportive shock absorbing footwear.
- Be kind to your feet and they will be kind to you.