Using the Standard Dashboard can:
- Enhance reporting processes and management for an overall improvement in organizational performance
- Reduce the volume of data information targeted at an overwhelmed manager
- Promote timelier decision-making
The Dashboard Tools are used to assess whether enough organizational and IT capacity (Organizational Checklist and IT Readiness Checklist, respectively) is present to support a Dashboard, and if so how to set up the first dashboard (Indicator Selection Worksheet) and organize the data collection and reporting process (Dashboard Reporting Matrix).
The SAP Resources are available to give the user information about the SAP Dashboard software itself and how to obtain it.
The Final Dashboard is the SAP Software and Excel templates used to input data and generate a Dashboard (Standard Dashboard (SAP) and Sample Dashboard Master File (opens in DrobBox), respectively), a sample of the Dashboard Data File generated once all data has been entered into the Dashboard Master File (Sample Dashboard Data File), and an example of an exported Dashboard that can be viewed by anyone using a PC with Adobe Flashplayer installed (Standard Dashboard (PPT)).
Detailed information about these tools and the process of setting up a custom Dashboard using the Dashboard for Management Decision-making can be found in the PEPFAR Management Dashboard SOP.
- Dashboard Reporting Matrix: tool to assign roles, responsibilities and timelines to the Dashboard reporting process.
- Indicator Selection Worksheet: tool to determine which indicators should be reported in the Dashboard.
- IT Readiness Checklist (Excel file download): tool to determine whether 1) the organization has at least one computer that can run the SAP software, and 2) persons receiving the exported Dashboard will be able to view it.
- Organizational Checklist (Excel file download): tool to determine whether the organization has the capacity (existing reporting procedures, data sources, etc.) to benefit from a Dashboard.
- Dashboard Installation Guide: guide from SAP on installing the software.
- Dashboard Resources One-pager: list of resources from SAP and elsewhere on setting up and running the Dashboard.
- Dashboard User Guide: lengthy guide from SAP on detailed aspects of installing, manipulating, and producing a Dashboard.
- Sample Dashboard Master File: the file into which all information is consolidated every quarter using the stipulations set by the “Setup” tab at the beginning of the reporting year.
- Sample Dashboard Data File: the file that is exported from the Dashboard Master File that will be imported into the SAP software.
- Standard Dashboard (PPT): a PowerPoint version of the exported Dashboard containing the data in the Dashboard Master File.
- Standard Dashboard (SAP): the SAP file containing the data in the Dashboard Master File. The file into which all information is consolidated every quarter using the stipulations set by the “Setup” tab at the beginning of the reporting year.
Put Data in the Driver’s Seat: The PEPFAR Management Dashboard
- Webinar Recap: Put Data in the Driver’s Seat (December 15, 2016)
- Webinar Slides