Are you someone who is facing or having signs of high blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems? If yes, then you are at the right place. As here we are going to discuss a medicine that can help you with all such issues effectively.
The name of that medicine is Metolazone. It is also known as a water pill.
In the coming section, we will discuss why it is called the water pill and how it treats the issues.
All About Metolazone:
As we have already discussed, Metolazone is called the water pill. The major reason behind this name is, this medicine helps in increasing the amount of urine you make, with the help of which our body is able to get rid of excess water.
It is specifically prescribed to high blood pressure patients, with the help of which they can get rid of issues like strokes, heart attack, kidney problems, and more.
In case you are a patient with breathing problems, then also this medicine can help you out.
Usage of Metolazone:
The usage of this medicine will be prescribed to you by your doctor, but in general cases, the medicine is taken by mouth and you can take it with or without food.
Usually, it’s prescribed to take one pill a day.
Also here are a few things you need to keep in your mind during the usage of this medicine:
- If you take this medicine near your sleeping time, then you would have to wake up a number of times to urinate.
- Always make sure that you are taking this medicine in the morning when you wake up or at least 4 hours before your sleeping time.
- Make sure to use this medicine as prescribed or on a daily basis for the best possible results.
- There are a number of people who have high blood pressure issues but still feel well. If you are one of them, then also you should take this medicine regularly without any delays.
- Right after getting started with this medicine you would be able to notice the results in 3 to 6 weeks.
- There are a few drugs that can reduce the effect of metolazone. Whenever you are prescribed this medicine make sure to tell your doctor about all the other medicines you are taking if any.
Side effects of Metolazone:
There are a few side effects that you will notice after taking this medicine on a daily basis:
- You will notice a lot of dizziness. Hence make sure that you are taking this medicine as prescribed to you.
- The next side-effect of this medicine is lightheadedness, you’ll notice you have a light head.
- Headache and blurred vision is other side-effect of this medicine.
In case you are not using this medicine as prescribed then you can notice various issues like loss of appetite, upset stomach, diarrhea, and more.
Whenever you are using this medicine as prescribed but still noticing side effects, at that time you should connect with your doctor.
Although it’s figured out that there are no serious allergic reactions or side effects of this medicine.
Although there are no such precautions you should take before getting started with this medicine. But, if you are aware of any allergies linked with this medicine then you should directly tell it to your doctor.
Also, make sure to tell your doctor about all the other medicines you are taking. By having a look at it, they can make changes in their medicines so that you don’t face any type of side effects.
Overdose of Metolazone:
In case you are taking an overdose of this medicine then you would be able to notice some serious issues like passing out or breathing issues. If there’s someone who is facing similar issues make sure to call an ambulance to get them treated. As those symptoms can get worse and the person can face some extreme conditions.
This is everything you need to know about metolazone. Make sure that you are letting your doctor know about your allergic and medical history before he prescribes you this medicine. In this way, you would be able to get the best possible results and that too without any side-effects.