Do you think that your neck pain is just another normal neck pain? If yes, then you might be wrong, because there are various types of neck pain and here we are going to discuss one of them which is Cervicalgia.
The major method with the help of which you can know if you are facing a normal neck pain or cervicalgia is that normal neck pain spreads to other body parts like arms. But Cervicalgia does not spread and it stays around your neck only.
In this post, we are going to discuss everything you need to know about cervicalgia, its causes, symptoms, treatment, and more.
All About Cervicalgia:
Do you know the neck is also called the cervical spine? And there are a number of tasks provided to our neck such as protecting our spinal cord from a number of outer issues and it also helps in supporting the head.
Not just that, our neck is also responsible for the overall movement of our head.
There are a number of things in our neck such as bones, nerves, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and more. Hence that’s why it is considered one of the most complex body parts.
Although Cervicalgia is not a serious issue, you will face continuous discomfort while facing this issue.
If we talk about a major cause of this issue, then you must have faced a sudden sharp pressure or pain around your neck. This puts strain on your neck and that leads to the discomfort of cervicalgia.
Causes of Cervicalgia:
There are a number of causes of Cervicalgia, let us have a look at them one by one:
- The first cause is having poor posture. There are people who do have a bad posture and always keep their head at the wrong angle, if you are someone like that, then you must be facing the pain of cervicalgia or will face it in the future.
- Most of the time we face some injuries that involve a sudden neck movement, you can be playing a sport and you face a sudden jerk that can also cause cervicalgia.
- This issue can not only be caused because of physical discomfort or issues, but if you are taking a lot of stress for a long time, then that also leads to cervicalgia.
- If you are having any type of bone condition like arthritis, osteoporosis, or more then that is also a major reason behind facing cervicalgia. In such cases, age is the most crucial risk factor, at the initial stage or at a young age you may not face the issue, but once you are older you’ll notice sudden changes and discomfort.
- There are a number of diseases out there that are affecting our spine. If you are facing one such issue then that is also a cause of cervicalgia. Those spine-based diseases make our spine problematic and it leads to a number of other problems.
Sometimes you can also face this issue because of non-directed issues. People who play sports there are chances they face kyphosis and other such posture-related conditions, this can directly lead to problems like cervicalgia.
Symptoms of Cervicalgia:
The biggest reason why cervicalgia issue increases or gets worse is the patient of which facing this issue is unable to know the symptoms of cervicalgia. Here in this section, we are going to discuss each and every symptom of cervicalgia with the help of which you can know about the problem you might be facing.
- The first symptom from the list is stiffness in the neck muscle. If you are able to notice a sudden stiffness in your neck muscle then there are chances that you are facing cervicalgia.
- In case you are facing symptoms like spasms in neck muscles then that is also considered as a symptom of cervicalgia.
- We face difficulties in neck movements sometimes, if you are able to notice that there are some issues linked with your neck movements you should get in touch with your doctor.
It’s not sure that you will always face cervicalgia because of neck movement issues, but you should get it checked by your doctor.
- There are a number of other symptoms like headache, dizziness, nausea, and more.
Treatment for Cervicalgia:
If you are at home and want to get your cervicalgia issue treated then here are a few methods to move forward with:
- Get an ice pack and make sure to apply it to the affected area for at least 20 minutes. You can apply ice packs 3-4 times a day using the same method. With the help of this method, you would be able to get rid of inflammation and get some relief.
- You can even take a hot shower to get rid of the pain of this issue. Make sure to get it checked by your doctor afterwards.